This Spicy Sweet Potato Carrot Cracker recipe makes 2 trays.
- 1/2 medium sweet potato
- 3 medium carrots
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Smallest pinch red chili
- 3/4 cup flax seeds
- Add flax seeds and water into a bowl and let bloom. Cover the flax seeds just enough to cover them.
- Clean and skin vegetables. Add to food processor and julienne to the smallest size.
- Dice white onion and garlic into the smallest size.
- Add all spices and the rest of the ingredients into a bowl.
- Fold flax seeds into mixture.
- On a t-flex sheet, spread out mixture onto two trays. Flatten with an offset spatula or hands.
- Dehydrate at 118F until crisp. (I leave them in the dehydrator for at least 18 hours.)
- Remove from t-flex sheet and dehydrate for a few more hours.
- Break into pieces and store in an air-tight container.
Oven instructions: On a tray with parchment paper, place into the oven on the lowest temperature. Check every two hours. This will depend on the power of your oven, so be cautious.